Get to the bottom of those nasty arc burns and other heat affected areas using a nital etch test kit. Nitel etch test is a test for checking machining damage or grinding burn of a hardened steel component. It’s also known as temper etch, nital inspection, nital NDT, MIL-STD-867C, AMS 2649C, etc. Machining or grinding can introduce a tremendous amount of heat into a steel component. If an area of the component is not cooled properly by a water jet, it will overheat. This can produce undesirable changes in the steel’s properties. An overheated area (over-tempered area) may not have any visible burn marks, but it can be identified using the nital etch test. The overheated area will appear darker than the surrounding area after the test.
This kit contains the three solutions used in the Nital etch test (AKA temper etch test):
- 1 x nital etch solution, 500 ml.
- 1 x hydrochloric acid solution, 500 ml, for de-smutting.
- 1 x acid neutralizer solution, 500 ml, for rinsing and neutralizing acidic residuals on the sample surface.
These are the solutions for the Type 2 test of AMS 2649 C “Etch Inspection of High Strength Steel Parts” and MIL-STD-867 C ”
Temper Etch Inspection”.
- ES Laboratory 5% Hydrochloric Acid Solution – SDS
- ES Laboratory Acid Neutralizer – SDS
- ES Laboratory Nital Etch – SDS
This item can only ship to commercial addresses.
There are no reviews yet.