This Type 1 penetrant is non-water-soluble so there is minimal risk of washing ZL-37 penetrant from a fine or shallow defect which makes this penetrant inspection the most reliable, dependable form of PT testing. ZL-37 has a high flash point and provides long tank life when used in open dip tanks, but this penetrant can also be applied in a variety of other ways, including electrostatic spray.
ZL-37 can be removed with ZE-4E Method B lipophilic emulsifier or ZR-10E Method D hydrophilic emulsifier.
ZL-37 is listed on the QPL SAE AMS 2644 Qualified Product List and is approved for use by Pratt & Whitney.
Improve indication detection in the most critical applications
- Creates the clearest, brightest indications for even the finest flaws due to very strong UV and thermal stability
- Highest fluorescent brightness of any Level 4 penetrant for high-contrast indications that are easy for inspectors to see – even when the indications are very small
- Indications stand out more since background fluorescence is minimized; emulsifiers only remove surface penetrant without the risk of over-washing
Maximize penetrant inspection process control
- Prevents over-washing since ZL-37 cannot be removed with water (unless combined with an emulsifier)
- Post Emulsifiable penetrant system is less susceptible to human error since only surface penetrant is removed in the final rinse stage
Wide range of inspections
- Inspect a wide range of high-value components without fear of corrosion or specification non-conformance
- Meets all major industry and NDT specification requirements, including Aerospace Prime and OEM specs, AMS 2644 and ISO 3452