The HPX family of products has earned many of the NDT industry’s most prestigious awards. It was no surprise when we first introduced the original HPX-1 that it would change the CR landscape and raise the bar in the industry. The new HPX-1 Plus CR system builds on this solid foundation, and raises the bar even higher, to make NDT radiography easier, more productive, more accurate, and more affordable.
The HPX-1 Plus offers many improvements. Improved optics for better imaging, up to 30% faster throughput on long saturated plates (very high exposure), an improved imaging plate transport system to protect imaging plates, higher mechanical reliability and a more user-friendly DICONDE compliant software for the best experience in digital imaging.
The HPX-1 Plus is a full width CR reader capable of running extra long imaging plates. The system has a wide dynamic range with high sensitivity, making it ideal for almost any type of imaging application. Whether you’re using a gamma or x-ray source, the HPX-1 Plus’ high sensitivity can help reduce shot time. It shows exceptional performance in weld applications, delivering weld-quality images consistently and dependably.
The complete system ships pre-configured and is ready to operate with a few simple connections. The powerful, easy-to-learn software and intuitive interface minimizes training time; your operators will be up and running fast.
Carestream’s award-winning HPX family of digital products have improved field reliability and enhanced the capabilities in the NDT marketplace. Long plate and multi-plate scanning combined with SmartErase® boosts output productivity so you can get more done in a day than ever before. Our exclusive positive pressure filtered air system keeps dust and dirt out for cleaner images in both the laboratory and in remote operations. With a shock and vibration resistant design your team can image in the harshest of environments bringing a new level of confidence to digital imaging in the field.
Plate size flexibility
HPX-1 Plus can handle a wide range of plate sizes up to 60″ long, ranging from 70 mm – 14-inch wide
Wide dynamic range
- Provides wide dynamic imaging range in a single shot
- Reduces many multi-film shots to a single CR exposure
Subdued or room light capabilities
- HPX-1 can work in an environment with subdued lighting (does not need to be dark)
- Light cover masks out most outside light during scan
- Can run bare imaging plates or with a rigid cassettes (this can be used in normal room light)
Halogen “Smart” erase
- Improved SmartErase system applies calculated light intensity erase based upon exposure received
- HPX-1 Plus improves throughput from optimized erase system
Superior image viewing tools
- Image viewing tools allow displayed images to be enhanced digitally to aid in interpretation without altering the original image data
- Customizable multilayered image display filter
Specifically built for NDT applications
- Multiple fans and filters maintain positive internal air pressure to keep dust, debris unfiltered air out of the system
- Integrated brushes and seals keep environmental light and dirt out
- Rubber feet absorb ambient vibrations in the field
- Ergonomically designed handles for easy transport
- Dust cover for extra storage protection in industrial environments
- Withstood rigorous drop testing (100 g impact force)
- Withstood variable amplitude and frequency vibration test
For more information, see manufacturer’s brochure: Carestream HPX-1 Plus Digital CR System
Click here to see it in action.