The Model 959M portable gamma radiographic exposure device is specifically designed as a Small Controlled Area Radiography (SCAR) system. The SCAR projector is used primarily for the radiography of standard or difficult joint geometries without disruption and the need for large barrier areas.
The SCAR system is comprised of a Model 959M projector, a pneumatic control unit and a series of clamps to fit a variety of pipe sizes.
The system may be used with a maximum of 15 curies of Iridium-192 or 81 curies of Selenium-75. Lower activity sources with smaller focals are available.
- Allows for 24 Hour radiography
- Highly directional beam
- Reduces radiation dose
- Sealed source does not leave the device during exposures
- No flash dose during exposure or retraction of sealed source
- More production time for all trades
- Locks to prevent unauthorized operation
- Inspection through insulation for corrosion
- Exposure Device Length: 11 in (28.0 cm)
- Exposure Device Diameter: 4.50 in (11.4 cm)
- Exposure Device Mass: 41 lb (18.6 kg)
- Exposure Device Source Capacity: 15Ci (555GBq), Iridium-192 81Ci (3TBq), Selenium-75
- Control Console Length: 10.75 in (2.73 cm)
- Control Console Diameter: 8.75 in (2.22 cm)
- Control Console Height: 8.5 in (21.6 cm)
- Control Console Mass: 8.5 lb (3.9 kg)