This page was updated on March 23, 2019 and will continue to be updated as the situation surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic evolves.
At this time, IR Supplies and Services remains open to our valued clients.
NDT is essential for the safety of infrastructure in many industries. It is also an important contributor to our economy. Supporting our clients and their businesses who drive this has always been a primary focus at IR. To do that at this time, it is imperative that we engage in safety practices that keep the health of our clients and our employees as a priority.
It is for this reason that we have implemented the following safety precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
What you can expect from us:
- Both of our Edmonton and Burlington locations remain open and are operating with essential staff only. All other staff are working remotely and can be contacted by their email, which can be found on this page, or by calling either our Edmonton or Burlington locations so that your call can be transferred.
- The doors to our Burlington location will be locked at this time so that we can monitor and manage the traffic coming into our facility, ensuring safe social/physical distancing of a minimum of 2 meters can be achieved. Our Edmonton location remains unlocked at this time, but access to some areas may be limited. Kindly follow the guidance that is offered to you when you arrive.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located at all of our entrances.
- Door handles, counters and other areas that receive frequent contact will be sanitized as required between client interactions.
- Credit card payments will be done electronically; cash will not be accepted.
- If credit card purchases with the use of the terminal is required, the terminal will be sanitized before and after use.
- Our employees have the option of wearing gloves and/or masks at their own discretion; our employees may only come to work if they are symptom free.
- Diligent hand washing by staff will occur after each client interaction.
- Products that are handled by our employees will be sanitized before being handed off to clients.
What we ask of you:
- Clients who show symptoms of ANY illness or who have travelled in the past 14 days are asked to please make arrangements with someone else to make your purchase or drop your equipment off on your behalf.
- Please practice social/physical distancing of a minimum of 2 meters.
- Where possible, purchases should be made by purchase order, so that physical interactions between us can be kept to a minimum.
- Consider making your purchase remotely, i.e. by phone, e-mail or through our website.
- When coming to either of our locations, please call ahead so that we can prepare for your visit. Phone numbers can be found here and will be posted on the doors.
- If bringing equipment to IR for servicing, you will be supplied with sanitizer to wipe down that equipment so that we can ensure a safe exchange. If equipment is covered in mud or dirt or other removable debris, please take the time to clean it before it is sanitized.
Let’s not forget our shipping and receiving area.
Some of you may ship your goods to and from us. Closed containers are at low risk, however goods packaged within 72 hours may present some risks. Here is our process:
- All incoming shipments will be handled with gloves at the employee’s discretion.
- Sanitization of hands, including handwashing, and/or changing to a fresh set of gloves will be done after each shipment.
- Items that have been received will be sanitized in an appropriate manner and may be quarantined for a period if practical.
Our courier/carrier practices:
- Social/physical distancing will be practiced, with the recommended 2 meters distance between each individual.
- Pens or other writing devices will be sanitized before and after each use.
- Gloves and masks will be worn at the discretion of the employee; hand washing will occur after each interaction.
- Courier/carrier personnel will be asked to remain in their trucks and not be allowed to touch any products or surfaces within our locations unless absolutely necessary
- All equipment used to unload or load common courier/carriers will be sanitized after use. This includes the steering wheels and handles of loading and lifting devices.
- Paperwork needing signatures will be placed on a location provided by the IR employee, and once the courier/carrier has moved the acceptable distance away–minimum 2 meters–the IR employee will sign the form
- All surfaces will be sanitized immediately after the courier/carrier has left or returned to their truck
These are uncertain times and extraordinary measures are necessary so that we can get through this together. As always, we appreciate your business and always welcome your feedback.