MET-U1A Ultrasonic Diamond Tip Hardness Tester
Phase II Ultrasonic Portable Hardness Testers measure the surface hardness of a wide variety of metals on flat, round, thin or large surfaces. Unlike standard dynamic hardness testers, these state-of-the-art portable testers incorporate Ultrasonic UCI technology that allows hardness testing of very thin and small workpieces – which otherwise could not be tested accurately using a portable device.
These hardness testers are non-destructive and can test highly sensitive and finished parts that previously could not be tested in an operational setting. Operators can accurately test parts without causing physical or structural damage that normally lead to disposal or refinish of operators part. This translates into less scrap parts and lower manufacturing costs.
UCI Portable Hardness Testing Method: Model No’s. MET-U1A
PHASE II MET-U1A model of ultrasonic hardness tester is capable of measuring the surface hardness of a broad variety of metals on flat, round, thin or large surfaces. Accurate measurements of steel, cast steel, alloy steel, aluminum, brass, bronze, and copper are easily attained with this compact instrument.
The MET-U1A portable hardness testers meet ASTM A1038-10 specifications.
Ultrasonic Contact Impedance is a hardness testing method based on the measurement of the frequency shift of a resonating rod caused by the essentially elastic nature of the finite area of contact between the indenter and the test piece during the penetration. Described as a hardness testing practice using a calibrated instrument by pressing a resonating rod with a Vickers-style Diamond indentor with a fixed force against the surface of the part to be tested.
- Base Instrument
- 15N (1.5kgf) Hand-Held Probe (MET-U1A)
- 50N (5kgf) Hand-Held Probe (MET-U1A50)
- 100N (10kgf) Hand-Held Probe (MET-U1A100)
- 15N (1.5kgf) Hand-Held Stubby Probe (MET-U1A110)
- Calibrated Test Blocks (2pc)
- Custom Carry Case
- Battery Charger
- Operation Manual
- Easy To Read Menu Operation
- Large LCD Display w/ Back Light
- USB Interface
- Automatic Reading to All scales including Brinell, Rockwell, Superficial Rockwell & Vickers
- Automatic Mean Value
- Data Archive Capacity
- Tolerance +/- 3.0% deviation of average from the reference value of the test block with a minimum of 5 tests
- Minimum Thickness of sample(MET-U1A) .040” (1mm)
- Materials: steel & cast steel, alloy tool steel, stainless steel, aluminum, brass, bronze, wrought copper alloy.
- Battery type: 4-AA NiMH Re-Chargeable
- Operating temperature: 5-104 degrees F
- Dimensions: 180 x 80 x 43mm (HxWxD)
- Weight: 720g (1.10lbs) w/probe
NIST/ASTM certified hardness test blocks are available.
Instruction Manual: MET-U1A Manual
|Pre-Programmed Scales/Material: Others combinations can be added upon request|
|Technical data for MET-U1A